- Our usual train services will operate to the normal timetable;
- Steam trains will be operating on each day; and
- Footplate experiences on one of our diesel locomotives will be available: more details of this are given below.
As well as our train services, the event will feature at least the following activities in the Engine House:
- a "Back to the Future" DeLorean car;
- a replica landspeeder;
- stormtroopers; and
- a model starship display.
Special fares will apply for each day, namely £8 for an adult, £3.50p for a child and £20 for a family ticket (covering up to 2 adults and 3 children). The various travel concessions that apply to our normal train services will not apply for this event.
As well as our normal range of refreshments, including hot and cold drinks and sweets, we will have a range of sandwiches available on each day.
Whilst every effort will be made to provide the advertised services, The Middleton Railway Trust Ltd. reserves the right to amend or cancel any service without prior notice and accepts no liability whatsoever for any inconvenience, loss or disappointment caused, including travel expenses.
The replica landspeeder
The "driver experience" at this event gives you the chance to drive one of our diesel locomotives for a short distance, up and down one of our sidings. This will be under instruction from one of our senior drivers, who will make sure that nothing can go wrong.
There are a number of special conditions that do have to apply to this, and these are as follows.
- For a "driver experience" you must be at least 18 years old, and not older than 76 years.
- You also need to be in reasonable health - at least up to the level that is required to drive a motor car - and at the time of the experience you must not be under the influence of either drink or drugs.
- No prior booking is needed: experiences will be available on a first-come-first-served basis.
- In return for the experience, donations are invited towards our "After the Fire" appeal, which is to help repair our Palvan after it was burnt out during July. A minimum figure of £5 is requested, but if you are willing to donate more than this it will be much appreciated.
- You should wear suitable clothes, and reasonably stout shoes. Trainers are not sufficient - they would not protect your toes if a lump of coal dropped on them! We can then lend you an overall coat and a pair of gloves for the duration of the experience.
Other pages of our web site will provide more information about: