Leeds Diesels on Display
Our summer gala event, entitled "Leeds Diesels on Display", will be held on Saturday 14th and Sunday 15th July 2018, and will feature most of our fleet of Leeds-built diesel locomotives, viz:
- HE 1697 "John Alcock";
- HC D1373 "MD&HB No. 45";
- HC D577 "Mary"; and
- HC D631 "Carroll" (on Saturday only).
The event will also feature a variety of operating patterns, including single-headed and double-headed working, and trains with a locomotive at each end.
On both days a special timetable will be operated, providing intensive services, but the details will vary between Saturday and Sunday, as follows.
- On Saturday trains will run over both our main passenger line and the little-used Balm Road branch. Two train sets will be in operation, one a passenger train and the other a goods train where passengers will be able to ride in the brake van.
- On Sunday trains will only run over our main passenger line, between Moor Road and Park Halt. Only the passenger train set will be in operation.
The first train will depart at around 10.30 am and the last one will arrive at around 4.30 pm. Full details of the timetable can be accessed as pdf files, which will each open in a new browser tab or window (ready to be downloaded), as follows.
- Public timetable for Saturday;
- Public timetable for Sunday;
- Detailed operating timetable for Saturday;
- Detailed operating timetable for Sunday.
Special fares will apply for each day, namely £7 for an adult, £3 for a child and £18 for a family ticket (covering up to 2 adults and 3 children). The various travel concessions that apply to our normal train services will, however, not apply for this event.
As well as our normal range of refreshments, including hot and cold drinks and sweets, we will have a range of sandwiches available on each day.
Whilst every effort will be made to provide the advertised services, The Middleton Railway Trust Ltd. reserves the right to amend or cancel any service without prior notice and accepts no liability whatsoever for any inconvenience, loss or disappointment caused, including travel expenses.
Other pages of our web site will provide more information about: